Did you know one out of every five Americans have either had bed bug problems or know someone who has? Bed bugs are small, oval, parasitic insects that live on blood and are often found living in human environments. In the U.S. alone, there are three different species of bed bugs that can cause significant problems in your home. So, what do you do when you spot a bed bug infestation in your home? Well, you can try DIY bed bug removal tactics. Or, you can hire an experienced professional.
DIY Bed Bug Removal
Although we highly recommend calling a professional for bed bug extermination, below are a few standard do-it-yourself bed bug treatment approaches:
- Thoroughly wash all bedding, curtains, and clothing in extremely hot water and dry them. Place any stuffed animals, shoes, and any other fabric item that may not be able to be placed in the washer in the dryer on high. The high heat setting will help kill off any lingering bugs.
- Vacuum your entire room, mattress, and surrounding areas multiple times to pick up any surviving bed bugs. Once complete, immediately dispose of your vacuum cleaner bag in an outdoor trash can away from your home.
- Repair noticeable cracks in plaster, furniture, or peeling wallpaper to eliminate any future nesting areas
- Eliminate any excess clutter around your bed
- Spray the infested room and the surrounding areas
- If your mattress is infested, we recommend disposing of it and replacing with a new one.
Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of, and do-it-yourself approaches come with risk. Sprays and dust bombs are effective if applied directly to the insects or in close proximity of their nesting areas. It’s not uncommon for someone to try over the counter insecticides and expose themselves and their family to toxic chemicals. Also, you can vacuum up a lot of insects, but it won’t kill the insects or pick up eggs. And sometimes, vacuuming can do more harm than good by spreading bed bugs into other areas of your home. So, when you think about trying to conquer the bugs on your own, you may want to think again.
Professional Bed Bug Removal
We all know, do-it-yourself tactics can help, but they are not as effective as the equipment and processes of a pest control professional like Frames. Not only are we pros at exterminating bed bugs from your home, but we do it without harming you and your family with harmful chemicals. At Frame’s Pest Control, we will:
- Thoroughly inspect your home
- Identify the pest
- Recommend the most affordable and effective treatment option
- Effectively treat and remove your pests
Our highly trained technicians use precise, concentrated techniques that allow us to protect your home for extended periods of time. You will have a peace of mind knowing your home is in good hands.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional
- Save Money
Paying for professional pest control services may seem more expensive, but it is likely cheaper in the long run. An unnoticed or improperly treated infestation could cost you thousands of dollars.
- Professional Trained
If you are relying on the internet, you could have big problems. Pest control workers are professionally trained to handle even the worst infestations. They also have the equipment and processes to successfully remove pests without doing any damage to your home.
- Safe Chemical Use
Pest control professionals know which chemicals are safe to use in and around your home. They know how and where to spray the chemicals, protecting your family in the process.
- Saves Time and Energy
While the do-it-yourself approach may seem logical, pest control is a complex issue. It will take a lot of time and effort for you to correctly identify the pest, figure out how to capture it, purchase an effective chemical, and successfully removing them from your home.
Have bed bugs?
Contact us for a free estimate for your home or business.